PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Ike's World Challenge Blog Getting a Little Sketchy

It's a SKETCH challenge over at Ike's World Challenge Blog!
I'll tell you a little secret- - - I don't really like sketch challenges. So saying, I challenged myself to create a card for my DT make using the sketch offered at Ike's World Challenge blog. That is the nature of challenges, isn't it?!
I think I did fairly well following the sketch. A crafter can position the sketch anyway he or she wants, so I flipped it, also flipping my oval-shaped image. It's called New baby and I have used it several times since getting it. I've created cards and canvases with this image.
I also added some embellishments not in the sketch, but the main focal points are obvious. So now I don't "not" like sketch challenges, but I prefer ones that give a person free rein on the placement of elements on her cards.  How do you feel about sketch challenges?
My card is for my BFF, who has become a grandma for the first time. Her grandson, Brady, is the cutest, blondest baby! When I see my friend holding him, she sparkles with unconditional love for this new member of her family. Now we have one more thing in common!
Whether you like or dislike Sketch challenges, let's see what YOU come up with for this fortnight's challenge over at Ike's World Challenge blog!

1 comment:

ike said...

It's so beautiful and I love how you interpreted the sketch. I do join sketch challenges now and again but I also find them really useful for a layout when my Mojo goes off on walkies and I sit there with all my crafting goodies scratching my head :-D
Thank you for challenging yourself and making this for me at IWC :-D

Huggies

IKE xxxx


My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog