PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Masculine Theme at Quirky Crafts This Month

Here we are at the midway point of this month's Masculine challenge over at Quirky Crafts challenge blog. Our sponsors this month are Bugaboo and SLS Lines. I got to play with a Bugaboo digi image from the Har Pot collection called The Chosen One.
I love the Harry Potter series, both the books and the movies! I decided to embellish with odds and ends found in my crafting catch-all drawer. The effect reminds me of spells and potions classes from the movies.
Challenges I am Entering:

My next project is a bookmark I created for my husband. He laughs every time he sees it peeking out of his book. He says it reminds him of all the "old librarians" in his youth who always shushed him in the stacks.

I like to color my girls' hair with non-standard colors. Besides the quirkiness of doing so, I just don't have a good range of hair colors in my Copics. My sentiment is the perfect one for the way I feel about reading (and being stranded).

Below you can see my Book Lover peeking over the top of the closed book. I love those pencils stuck into her bun, don't you?!
Challenges I am Entering:
Our Creative Corner - Trip Down Memory Lane/use a past challenge (What Makes you smile challenge - to create something that will make us smile. It could be a scrapbook or journal page, a canvas, a tag, whatever your imagination dictates  What makes me smile is having the time to read! My sentiment is one I take to heart: If I'm ever stranded, I hope it's in a Book Store. That would be pure heaven for me)
Know a guy with a birthday coming up? Or any occasion for that matter? Create something with a masculine theme and link it up with Quirky Crafts challenge blog this month. Awesome pries from:


2 comments:

Cazzy said...

These are both fantastic, I love the bookmark especially Pat. Thank you for making so many examples this month, I don't know what I would do without you!

Hugs,

Carol x

Cards By MI said...

Cute creations, lovely and fun. Thanks for joining us over at TPS this week.
Love n hugs
Marie