PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 4, 2015

Persevere in This Month's Challenge at the Path of Positivity

I think that the quote, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade" is the strongest argument that perseverance is what changes a failed attempt into success. And perseverance is the theme of this month's Path of Positivity challenge.
Personally, I persevered in my attempts to master Adobe Photoshop. Of course, I am still a virtual newbie, but I managed to make this 100% digital project using a DeeDee's Digis set called Lemonade Stand. Besides one of the several colored digis, I used both patterned papers. The sentiment comes from the fonts in Photoshop, and the brads and golden yellow background paper are from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles.
The sponsors and prizes for this challenge are:
*A $10 gift certificate from Ike's Art, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • A $25 gift certificate from Deedee's Digis, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

There will also  be:
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge
Other Challenges I am Entering:
DeeDee's Digis challenge blog - NSD CASE-ing challenge
(cased off of Pippa's layout; I chose this to continue the "drinks" theme but with lemonade)
 Sisters of Craft challenges - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Edwina said...

Hi Pat, Such a cute card. I like that sentiment. I have a friend who says it quite often at church. He has a lot to bare. Yet he takes it so well. So your card and your words today made me think of him. It also made me think of myself. How I am stubborn and keep pushing myself to do the things I want to do and need to do. Is my attitude like my friend and like your card? I hope so, or least a little bit.
Yes, Pat I think you will be a very long time friend and I hope a forever friend. Edwina Brown

Kathy D. said...

Good for you on learning photoshop and not giving up. I like how you did the sentiment on the brushed red area.
Thanks for showing off Deedee's Digi so well and playing in Deedee's Digis NSD challenge.
Kathy D.
Deedee's Digis Sponsorship Coordinator

JJ said...

Beautiful card and the sentiment goes with the image perfectly. Thank you for joining us over at http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/ challenge 9, good luck. Could you add our blog challenge on your challenge list under your post please? Thank you.

Love & hugs

Jacquie j xxx(DT)
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

Pippa said...

Hello Pat, I love your project and well done for doing it in Photoshop. I still have to master the art of making a complete project in digital format. My husband is always quoting the life and lemons saying so it is very familiar in our household. Thank you for sharing it in Deedee's challenge.
Pippa (Deedee's Digi's DT member)
This is my first comment as a DT member but I had to respond to your great take on my scrapbook page :)

kReN said...

Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at the Deedee's Digis progressive challenge. Hope to see you every month

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

cool digital project. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Spread the word! Our challenge is always anything goes! Good luck!

La-Vie B. – Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog DT
Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

Judy McKay said...

Cute card. Nice design. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

Anonymous said...

Beautifully made, Pat! It's so important to look on the bright side of life, and make something good from every challenging thing that comes along in life. Your card says it perfectly! Good for you for sticking with your Photoshop learning!, too! Isn't it fun to make all-digital cards sometimes? :-)

Anne Chilvers said...

For a "Virtual Newbie" you have created a great card. Love the sentiment and the way you have incorporated it with the design. Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft challenge, good luck and best wishes, Anne DT.