PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Black and Blue Crafting

When I read the challenge at Ike's World Challenge blog, I didn't know if I were up to it! Patterned paper is my middle name!! LOL
My box of re-discovered papers still sits on my desk, and is amazingly getting lighter every day! Since I had the papers and (always) my Copics at hand, I QUICKLY found a stitched piece of cardstock. I have also placed a small file box on my table where I have been tossing excess supplies with which I may create within the week. and die-cut. So I managed to create this card using NO PATTERNED PAPERS and super fast, which for me was stepping way out of my comfort zone.
I colored up this fantastic Ike's Art image called Muse 6 using Copics, giving her some interesting stripes in her hair (I was just in that mood). Then I adhered to a stitched piece of cardstock a die-cut that was given to me in a swap before adding my fussy-cut image.
I embellished simply with a butterfly a few pearls and a sentiment. I kept the card two-toned, although the blue paper of the sentiment and the diecut embellie are also blue but hard to tell in my photo.
Since I placed my
I am entering my card in Ike's World Challenge blog, as well as other challenges:
Mema's Challenge blog - Anything Goes w/a punch or die-cut
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
Pixels & Paper challenges -  Inspired by Photo below (I love the color combo of black and blue and used that for my color scheme)
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Q is for Quick (under 10 minutes)
Brown Sugar challenges - Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards challenges - Use a Die-cut
Simply Create Too challenges - Pretty Woman

15 comments:

Sall said...

The hair is so very striking it really pops, it is also a very gorgeous piece

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Cool card. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Lindsey said...

You must be a natural at Copic colouring, because to achieve this is less than 10 minutes? Wow. Terrific! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Borqna said...

Amazing! Congratulations - great art-work!
Good luck!

ike said...

Hahaha !! Having found your box of papers I then asked you not to use them LoL This is a super creation - the colouring on her hair is gorgeous !! Thank you for using one of my images and for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

this is fabulous love the colouring .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

KarenB said...

Fab use of the black and blue colours - and wow, you created this in under 10 mins? I take longer than that just to decide on my products, LOL!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is gorgeous. Stepping outside the box - looks like it was a hit!! Love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Mema’s Crafts challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Mema’s Crafts }

Phillis Walrath said...

beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper this month

Donna said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "Q is for Quick" challenge!

mytawnyinspirations said...

This is such a striking card. I love your muse image and the diecut. They look awesome together. The black and blue have worked really well for this piece. Thank you for using these colours from our inspiration photo and for joining in at Pixels and Paper. Cheers, Di

Tone-Lill said...

Wow this is supercool... A fantastic and crative card. Thank you for playing with our challenge at Pixels and Paper :)

Mimi said...

Oh WOW - this is so artistic, wonderfully creative :) :) Thank you for entering the IKEsWORLD challenge this fortnight. Love and Hugs xoxoxoxo

Shelley said...

I love what you have done here, superb colouring on the image. Thank you for playing along with us at IWC x