PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Card for My Sweetie

I am embarrassed to admit that I just "discovered" a BOX of papers in my craft closet. It was bulging with patterned papers, embossed papers, stitched papers, textured papers--the list goes on and on and on...
Hello, my name is Pat and I am a Paper-holic!! After rifling though the box and tossing out "unusable" paper  (which is an oxymoron if I ever used one), I placed this box on my craft table and made an oath to create from this box ONLY until I can see a sizable difference. I've made three cards so far, and there is no measurable difference. So I will not be purchasing new paper for a long, long (very long) time. Sigh!
Meanwhile, this is one of the cards I created. I colored up a cute digi image called Patsie from Art by Miran. I adore her images, and this is an older one from her shop. I used sparkly colored cardstock as well as patterned paper from "the box." I found a small paper doily and used my homemade shimmer mist to coordinate the color with the rest of my card. Besides a strip of ribbon and a bow, I scattered jeweled flowers and butterflies on my card. She looks like the kind of girl who wishes to be surrounded by glitz and diamonds, don't you think?!
Challenges I am Entering:
Artbymiran challenges - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes w/a Twist of Spring
House of Cards - Add a Butterfly or Color Challenge (butterflies)
Use Your Stuff - Anything Goes (admitted paper-holic-will be using my stuff for months)
Crafting When We Can - Sing Me a Song (Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets)

10 comments:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Beautiful card! The elements are so pretty. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

ike said...

Now that's very pretty indeed - I love yellow and this is one cute card :-D
I think I am like you with a box of paper !!! Still - you can never have too much can you ?? hee hee

Hugz
IKE xx

Mi Ran Jung said...

Cute and lovely card. Love the color combination. Thank you for join Art by Mi Ran challenge. Hugs, Mi Ran xx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card I love the papers and the way you embellished it, super image too. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
Rose DT x

Mynn xx said...

What a darling card! I adore the fun colors, the sweet image, and all those fabulous rhinestones! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC.

Jo said...

Awesome take on the challenge at CWWC. Love the yellows :)

Thanks for sharing at CWWC :)

Michelle Looi said...

How lovely!
Thanks for joining Use Your Stuff's blog hop!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Love your card! It's so fresh and fun! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC DT

crafty-stamper said...

cute image and card and I can relate to the paper stash-I have loads -Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x