PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, November 24, 2014

Anything Goes at the Outlawz Greetings Challenge

It's the last challenge of the month at the Outlawz Greetings challenge, and you know what that means!  ANYTHING GOES!!
Our sponsor this time around is the fabulous Rick St. Dennis.
 
I got to play with this awesome holiday image. It's called Starry Night Santa. I love the details in this image. I can just imagine Santa holding a star aloft and all the elves at the North pole oohing and aahing, and then cheering as he lets the star go and it rises high in the dark sky to light Santa's once a year sleigh ride (He's got to have more magic up his sleeves than a few flying reindeer).
After coloring my Red Man with Copics, I distressed with Tim Holtz Ink, matted it and popped him on some leftover patterned Christmas paper. A bit of K&Co Holiday border lines the bottom edge of my card, and I cut a few extra stars to frame Santa. 
I finished off my card with a DCWV cardstock sentiment sticker, and a leftover floral sticker. To add a little detail, I used my white gel pen to highlight some of Santa's cape, as well as put in some hand-sewn (faux) stitches to keep the stars in their places.
I hope you like my card, and I know you'll like the images that Rick St. Dennis offers at his shop. I hope my card inspires you to start your Christmas cards, entering the Outlawz Greetings Challenge in the meantime. Don't forget, you don't necessarily need a colored image, nor does it have to be a card, but it MUST have a sentiment on the front.
 
I'm entering my card using 2012 Starry Night Santa from Rick St Dennis to his Facebook page, where the theme is: ANYTHING GOES
 
I'm entering my card in the Corrosive Challenge blog where the theme is: HAPPY ANYTHING
 
 
 
 
 
 






1 comment:

Penny said...

Really darling card, Pat, and I love your image & coloring! Love your choice of paper and embellishments, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny