PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Going in Circles at Outlawz Greetings Challenge

I get such a laugh when I check out what's new at Dr. Digi's House of Stamps.
Take the image with which I created my card today. The image is called Howdy Pilgrim, and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it! Of course, sentiments or captions also set the tone of a card, and I found one on The Quote Garden. It's supposed to be a heart-warming cheer for the pluck of pilgrims, so on my card, with Howdy Pilgrim, it takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it?
I used patterned paper from  DCWV paper stack, then colored my image with Copics and distress inks from Tim Holtz. Since this week's Outlawz Greetings Challenge is to incorporate CIRCLES on your card, I added a few buttons and a shiny jewel. The large colorful circle was made by punching out five circles, folding them in half, then adhering them side-by-side, so that when placed on my card, they fan out into a globe of Fall colors.
I hope you play in this week's challenge at the Outlawz!! Show us how we send you "round & round" in your crafting time!!

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

What a fun image and card Pat! This would change the world of hunting for sure! Hugz!