PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, September 15, 2014

Bling'd Out Composition Book

I love it when the kids go back to school. It gives me the chance to create awesome notebooks, binder covers and composition books, like this one featuring a Squigglefly new September release! The digital image, called Dragon Tamer, is by artist Niina Niskanen. Here is a close-up of my Copic-colored image.
After covering a 50 cent composition notebook (don't you just love back to school sales?) with DCWV Once Upon a Time patterned paper, I used Frog Tape, which is like blue painters' tape, but green (duh).
I covered the bound edge with flowers, added a Smash Book element (clasp & lock) after coloring it black with a sharpie, and adhered the sentiment and pearls.
Since Squigglefly offers a new challenge this week, Add Some Bling, I Stickled my dragon tamer's wings as well as parts of the dragon and the sun-sparkled roofs of my renaissance town's buildings. Here's the back of the notebook.
How will you add some bling to your challenge for Squigglefly this week? Don't forget to use a Squigglefly image to play for free digis!! 
Whatever you do, have fun!!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

Pat this is so fun! I love the background scene you created for the dragon tamer! The only problem I see is that kids will get lost in daydreaming about this and forget about taking notes!

Jen Leeflang said...

Your creation is simply awesome! Thanks for joining us over at Squigglefly's Embossing or Glitter Challenge. Please join us again soon!

Jen Leeflang
SQUIGGLEFLY DT

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
This is so very adorable and I love it - wish I had this back in the day when I was a kid - instead of plain old colors!