PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring is Getting Ready to Bloom!

Today I used a Queen Kat Designs April release.  It's called Bloomin Basket by artist Jacquelynne Steves and it is just loaded with colorful blooms in anticipation of Spring!

I made a specially-folded card that was inspired by an image on Pinterest. I like it because it has a pocket in which to put surprises for the recipient.  In this case, it looks like a flower pot, so behind Jacquelynne's image, I plan to put a seed packet and send this card to somebody special!
After cutting and folding my "flower pot," (see instructions here) I added patterned papers from Basic Grey and the Paper Studio. I colored my basket with Copics, giving them sparkle and shine with smooch and Liquid Glass. The basket seemed to get lost on the patterned paper, so I colored a small paper doily with ink to frame it and then attached it to the front of my card.  I embellished simply with flower sequins, as the patterned paper was enough eye candy.
You can find Bloomin' Basket by Jacquelynne Steves in the QKD Shop. Happy crafting!

I am entering this challenge in Your Scrapbook Place challenge blog, which requires you to be inspired by a Pinterest project in order to play for prizes.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Your Bloomin Basket card is beautiful. So bright and cheery, it would brighten anyone's day. Pinterest is great with so much inspiration and ideas. One can find most anything.

nwilliams6 said...

Great card design and fun elements. I so need to try this! Hugz!