PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Mother's Day Card

It's about that time of the year to start thinking about mothers in general, and my mom in particular. I am lucky to have my mother (age 81), my grandmother (age 103) and my mother-in-law (age 87) still kicking around. While I don't get to see my MIL often as she lives out of state, my gram lives in her own house in the neighboring town, and my mom lives a few blocks away. In fact, my sisters, mom and I just returned from a weekend getaway last weekend! Besides my own mothers, my kids have godmothers to whom they give cards.  Then there are my DIL and my youngest granddaughter's mommy. So this is another busy holiday for which I make cards.
So today I have started my "stash" of cards for next month by coloring up a pretty little image from Art By Miran called "A Rainy Day." I started with an embossed card face, then colored the image. I made a mistake with her hair, adding too much black ink. Try as I might I couldn't get it to face the way I wanted, so I covered my mistake with Stickles, creating a headband for her hair. I again highlighted my coloring with white gel pen. I used Stickles to make the raindrops shimmer.
The sequin flowers are from my stash of leftovers, as well as the stamped sentiment, diecut border and flower. I adhered white card stock to the inside of the card so that I could write a nice note of love to one of the mothers on my list. One down...LOL
Meanwhile, I'm going to add this card to my entries for the Art By Miran Challenge blog. Their theme is Anything Goes, so Go check them out!

3 comments:

simply monica said...

Beautiful card one of my fav images too thanks so much for joining us at ArtbyMiran Challenge blog be sure to join us again!!

Mi Ran Jung said...

Hi Pat. Wow this is absolutely lovely. So sweet mother's day card. I need created one for mom in law ^^ love the sentiment and all the glitter. I didn't know that you made a mistake so created the hair band before I read your post. The hair band is cute!!! Thanks for joining us at artbymiran challenge Hugs Miran

Joey said...

Fabulous card, love the green, thanks for joining us at Art by Mi Ran. Joey x