PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 10, 2014

Say It with Flowers

Easter is a big holiday for someone like me who works in a church.  I make more Easter cards thatn I know what to do with, but they all seem to be gone by the time Spring Break rolls around!

Today my Easter card showcases new images from Squigglefly to inspire crafters to play in this week's challenge: Add some Flowers to your card--this can be IN your image, or as embellishments; they can be paper flowers, floral brads, floral die cuts, flowered paper--really, any flowers you want to share!

Both of my Squigglefly images are from artist Pamela Lehto.  The image is called Easter Praying Hands and the sentiment is called Even Today.   I colored the image with Copics and framed it with cardstock. The sentiment was diecut with my Nestabilities die and my Epic Six machine.  the patterned paper is from K & Co.  So already we have flowers in the image and patterned paper.  But NO, that wasn't enough! LOL

I added a creamy white rose to the mis, and even the charm in the upper corner looks a little like a blossom.  So I think I've said it with flowers, and now it's your turn!  Come play in the challenge at Squigglefly this week!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Pat, this really turned out gorgeous - a really beautiful card and perfect image.

Darlene said...

This is SO PRETTY Pat! Love the verse and you've coloring this image perfectly! BEAUTIFUL job!

Charlene Mitchell said...

So gorgeous Pat! Love the pretty background colours and you have coloured the image beautifully!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card, great use of flowers too!

Holly Young said...

Beautifully put together Pat. I love the die you used to cut the sentiment out with, and your coloring and choice of papers is outstanding.