PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, December 16, 2013

Figure Eight Style Skates into Town

Roses are red,
and so is my card.
If you like the same color
Squigglefly's challenge is not hard...

Not my best rhyme, but the sentiment is true!  If you love to create with RED, then this is your lucky week.  At Squigglefly, their newest challenge is to use RED on your card-with paper, embellishments or coloring-and a Squigglefly digi image.

I got to play with a new Squigglefly release from the always amazing Cheryl Alger.  This cutie pie is called "Figure Eight Style."  I started my path down REDville by framing my Copic-colored image with RED cardstock.  I finished off my tiny "canvas" with a few RED sequins.

My card base is RED cardstock whose bottom border I punched with tiny snowflakes.  I added a piece of white cardstock on the inside of the card so that the "flakes" would show up nicely.   Speaking of snowflakes, a sprinkled a few beside my image, and finished off my card with a metal word charm.

Now glide on over to the Squigglefly Challenge Blog so you can enter your card in this week's contest.  One random winner will win a free digi!!


3 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
Your card is so very adorable, as is your layout!!

Holly Young said...

Super cute! I love your little snowflakes and you picked a great background paper. Your coloring is wonderful! Merry Christmas to you!

nwilliams6 said...

This is a fun image and your card is really fun (like your rhyme too - LOL). Sweet card! Hugz!