PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, June 14, 2013

Wrapped Up in Father's Day Crafting

My granddaughter is sleeping over tonight, so we brought out the craft supplies (my craft room is her bedroom) and made cards and a project for daddy and grampa.

This is what I came up with, a cute card for my honey!  I made it using a Squigglefly digi image set called "A Man and His Grill" by artist Lynne Stansbery.  There are five digis altogether in this set.

The Squigglefly blog has a new challenge this week:  Wrap It Up - use your imagination. Wrap ribbon or twine around a layer, wrap a die cut around a corner, use wrapping paper instead of designer scrapbook paper, use an image with a wrapped gift...

After coloring my image with Copics, I framed it with cardstock and popped it on a base of leftover pieces of patterned papers.  I handwrote  the sentiment and "wrapped" my card with knotted twine. 

If you're going to play in this week's challenge, don't forget to use a Squigglefly image to be in the drawing  for a free digi!!

Oh, and here is my granddaughter working on her own project to give to her daddy this weekend.
He is going to love his present!!  

5 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

OH my!! What a super great card, love the coloring and perfect image you used for it!! (and a cutie patootie photo, too!!) Thanks for joining in our Squigglefly challenge!!

Holly Young said...

I love this Pat! I think your coloring is so good and I really like how you did the sky in the background. The way you knotted the twine is so cool!
Looks like your granddaughter was having a great time making cards with you!

nwilliams6 said...

Great image with so much detail - I have it on my wish list. You colored it wonderfully and your papers are great. Your Granddaughter steals the show here. Her project looks super good and I am sure it will be treasured. Hugz!

Unknown said...

Great card Pat. Sounds like you had a blast with the kids!

Linda W. said...

Beautiful card Pat - just the sweetest idea! That image set is awesome for sure! I love the gd's craft work for her dad too - she gets her talent from you!