PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Crafter's Companion June Challenge is SUMMER

I have been itching to make another mixed media canvas, and I finally had the time today to do so!  I love incorporating the different media to create something unique that has texture and speaks to me.  I hadn't played with my stamp sets from Crafter's Companion for quite a while, and thought now would be a great time to try them out on canvas.

I chose a stamp set from Sheena Douglass from the A Little Bit Sketchy collection.  It's called Faith.  Here is a closeup of my stamped and embossed image.  The set comes with three stamps: this sentiment, a sprig from a spruce/fir tree, and a bird resting on a branch.  I chose to use just the sentiment today.

To put my canvas together, I used matte medium, Mod Podge, patterned paper from the DCWV paper stack A Colorful Life, handmade flowers, Sakura white gel pen, white arcrylic paint, Stickles,
a string of beads, and miscellaneous leftover embellies.

Here is my finished canvas.  The smaller sentiment reads: Everything is possible.  I would have loved to do one of those time-lapse YouTube videos on my project, but I'm afraid I don't quite have the tech savvy to make one (and I am by far too messy and unorganized a crafter for it).

But at least I can show you the finished project, which will go on my wall.  I already have a few canvases hanging there-I am new at this type of creative outlet, but I LOVE creating them.

And the Crafter's Companion image from Sheena Douglass worked in perfectly with the background, don't you think??  I'm entering my canvas in their June Challenge.

If you're stuck in a rut of "just" making cards, dig yourself out by using your stamps and images for altered art, and mixed media projects.  It's fun and sometimes beats writing or drawing out your own sentiments, quotes and images.  Go for it!!

2 comments:

Pam Leng said...

This is stunning love the colours

Thank you for joining us on the Crafters Companion challenge this month

Pam x

D said...

Fabulous Mixed Media challenge. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Crafter's Companion Summer challenge. Hope to see you next month too!