PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweet (Pea) Valentine

One of my 2013 crafting goals is to play in more challenges, so here's a card for the February Sweet Pea Challenge Blog.
Their theme is anything Valentine.  I used a Sweet Pea stamp from artist Terra Bidlespacher called "The Shore".  Her stamp is a beach scene, but I fussy-cut her out along with a crab and a starfish.
I colored her with my trusty Copics and adhered her to my card base of ripped papers-some distressed core-dinations cardstock and some CTMH paper.  I stickled the ripped edges to look like sea foam glittering in the sun.
I added some ink to the card edges and to the "Sandy" cardstock.  I tied a bow and put it in the sky, as well as some seagull buttons.
I added a computer-printed sentiment, part of the lyrics of a song from Disney's Little Mermaid:  "Go on and kiss the girl".  A lone (punched) heart puts the final touch on my card, and I'm ready to play in the challenge!
A random winner will receive a gift certificate for their store, so what are you waiting for?  Everyone can use another stamp (or seven). LOL

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Very cute card Pat! Love how you used the flowered DP for the water. Gives a very unique look.

Connie said...

Wonderful scenic artwork Pat! I love the dp waves.
Thanks for playing with us over at One Sweet Challenge.
Connie
http://sodakstamping.blogspot.com

jennifer said...

adorable card! love the torn paper tech!