PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, December 17, 2012

Sentiment-ally Yours

Do you have a way with words?  Then you should play in the new challenge at Squigglefly Challenge Blog!!

 This week all you're asked to do is make a card using a Squigglefly digi image and a sentiment!!  Easy peasy!!  So today, I made a card using an image from Squigglefly's newest artist, Elizabeta Kushner.  This one is called Christmas Candle.  I colored it with my trusty Copics--I love how you can use alcohol inks to get a dimensional look with just one marker!
I had some leftover sheet music (picked up at a summer estate sale) with some patterned paper from my stash.  I made a couple of blocks of paper to set the scene for my digi image.  Then I printed the sentiment: Peace on Earth, circular punched it, framed it and popped it on my card.  I finished it off with a cream colored rose and my card is complete!  Like I said, easy peasy!
I am almost finished making all the Christmas cards I need for the Big Day.  I'm having about 20 people over for Christmas dinner, and each one gets a card and a favor at their place at the dinner table.  If I get the time, I'll try to make some decorations for the table as well, although that table gets pretty tight with all the mounds of food served!!
So how are you doing with your holiday crafting?  I hope you're on track and having fun!!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love that you mixed it with music paper!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is beautiful and so wonderfully colored.

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love how you colored the candle - looks real and the music paper was a perfect touch.

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
Beautiful and elegant and your coloring is wonderful!

Holly Young said...

Very pretty Pat! The glow to the candle is amazing. I love the music you used in the background too.