PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Do You Dream in Color?


I do!  That's where I was inspired to make this card using the colors shown here.  Memories of my dream are hazy now.  I remember a bonfire, with purple smoke billowing from it, in a forest of greens sparkling in the firelight.  So when I started coloring Shire Uni by artist Marianne English, I naturally grabbed Copics in those colors I slept with.

I circle cut out my image and distressed it with Tim Holtz Bundled Sage Distress Ink.  The patterned paper is leftover from a previous project, and I glitzed it up with some Stickles and jewels.  Some jewel flourishes finish off my card.
Shire Uni can be found at the QKD SHOPPE, along with so many gorgeous images and fabric blocks.

2 comments:

Cole Meyer said...

They say if you dream in color, it is a sign of a true artist, I believe it now -- your card is gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Beautiful card and I love those colors together.