PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Moonlight Persuasion

I love looking out to sea.  I love watching the waves dance and following the ripples of moonlight as the water moves.  I love how the moon looks so enormous over the water, taking up so much of the sky.
I decided to give my card that "midnight on the ocean" look by using these dark blue patterned papers from CTMH.  The dotted swirls almost look like waves, so I added some clear diamond Stickles to some of them  to imitate the moon's shimmer.
The image was stamped using a Queen Kat Designs stamp from artist Terra Bidlespacher called Porcelain Mermaid.
I printed the quote on my computer, taken from quotegarden.com.  It reads, "Take your shoes off," purred the ocean waves.
Then I stepped back and looked the card over.  It was sooooo plain!!  I like a clean and simple card, but it was sooooo plain.  So I added the midnight blue fiber across the sky, and I can stop there and call it finished.
Do you have any mermaid stamps that you can play with?  You'll find bunches of them over at Queen Kat Designs, along with fairies and elves and dragons and all the fantasy characters your heart desires!!  Have fun, and keep crafting!!

No comments: