PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Trust Me", she said, and I did

There is a look about this fairy that makes me want to trust her, especially when I am down for the count and getting up looks to be too much effort.  If I can only reach her hand I know she will pull me out of whatever funk I am in.
The image is from Queen Kat Designs and is called "Light Fairy" from the talented Ann Howard.  I seem to like to color her in varying shades of blues.  This is my second card using her and my blues.  I must be entering my "blue period" as Picasso did. LOL
I am having fun using embossed backgrounds.  I was cleaning out my stash and found a handful of these with which to make cards.  I gently inked the embossed dots with a shade of blue to coordinate with the rest of the card. 
I stamped "Light Fairy" onto white cardstock, and before I adhered the diecut lacy border at the top, I thought what a great stencil it would make, so I gave my plain white carstock background some dimension by tapping the diecut with blue ink.
I also am in a tearing good mood, as seen by my torn paper here.  A few pearls finishes off my card today.
Light Fairy is one of my favorite images, so i hope you go to the SHOPPE to see her and other images by Ann Howard today.
You can also peek into the gallery for some inspiration!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is awesome; beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Wow. This is so pretty