PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hugs from Hambo Stamps

Hambo Stamps has a new line of digi images called the Bailey collection.  I have a couple of these images, and just this week received the newest one, called "Bailey Hug" digi image.  What's even better is that I got him FREE!  Just for playing in the Hambo Hoedown, at Hambo Stamps Challenge Blog, you can get free digi images!
Their challenge this week is to use STRIPES.  Who doesn't have patterned paper with stripes in it, so how easy is that??

I used CTMH patterned paper that I received in a PIF from a good friend and fellow crafter, Melissa R. I distressed it with Tim Holtz Distress ink. 
For my image, I used a combination of Copic markers, as well as the new Spectrum Noir markers from Crafter's Companion, on top of paper piecing.  A heart-shaped brad and some Stickles finish off Bailey.  The sentiment was ink-distressed to match the rest of the card.  I placerd the image and sentiment on a "frame" that I cut out using my Epic Six machine and "Lacy Scallop Oval" die from Nestabilities.

An acrylic button with a piece of raffia finishes off the embellishments and I have a nice simple card that will be mailed out today to a friend whom I found out this week had heart surgery!!  She's doing well, but in for a long recovery.

Do you like "Bailey Hug" digi image?  You can get him HERE, plus get free digis just by playing in the Hambo Challenge Blog challenges each week.  Who doesn't like free?  Go on and put on your dancing shoes now.  I don't mind a little competition!! LOLhttp://hambostamps.com/digishop/

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Oh, this is just too cute. I love doggie images and this one is perfect. Great job!

Judy Rozema said...

Adorable!! Love the different colored background! You have made him so cute! Great Hoedown entry~!

Beverly said...

This is so cute. I love the paper button and Bailey looks so adorable. Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!

Deborah Anton said...

Great card with all the elements you used! Thanks so much for playing the hoedown!