PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let the Sun Shine

Is it my imagination or did winter take a holiday?  My mom has crocuses popping up their tiny green heads, little knowing the shock they'll get when they open their eyes to see that Winter is still in the forecast.  At least, that's what Phil the Groundhog said earier in the month.  Then again, how many people actually listen to a groundhog?
So, on this mild day in February, in the heart of a Chicago winter, we are enjoying 40 degrees and sunshine.  And my card echoes the sentiments of the geese overhead as they fly back north, a nice bright sunny card with the distinct flavor of Spring.
I made this card with one of my Squigglefly images.  In fact, it is a freebie that you can snag from their website HERE.  It's called Turtle Express.  I love the friendship these two animals share, and I especially love the joke they're sharing, too.  Inside, the card reads:  Happy Spring
Squigglefly has a new challenge this week:  Use one of their images and the color YELLOW somewhere to make your card bright and sunny.
Now run along and play, either outside in the sunshine, if you have it, or in your craft room, and share it at the Squigglefly Challenge Blog.

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

This is wonderful Pat! Love the colors you used and your sentiment sure brought a smile to my face. I know what you mean about winter - what winter? I have iris about to open up in my yard!

Tammy said...

Wonderful card Pat, love the sentiment and the cheery yellow! Yup, we have the same spring-like weather in Pennsylvania (home of Phil) and we're beginning to think Phil was not feeling well when he made this year's prediction!