PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, January 6, 2012

Elf Bride


QKD Elf Bride by Monika Ptok Byard
 Ah, 2012.  A new year, a fresh start, an opportunity to open the floodgates of inspiration, explore new techniques, and challenge my creativity.
And what better project to start with than a new release stamp from Queen Kat Designs?  I made this card using a stamp called Elf Bride by Danika Lindsell.  I love the detail in this stamp.  She looks haunting as a bride, and I had fun coloring her. 
Since crafters tend to look forward to the next holiday on the calendar, I have hearts and love on my mind, so this image I framed with a paper doily heart.  Lace, stitching, pearls and a flourish finish off the card, and I hope you like it!
There are quite a few new releases this month, including Danika's Elf Bride.  Check them all out HERE.  And don't forget to check out the QKD BLOG and Facebook page for more inspiration

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Beautiful!! Your coloring of this wonderful image is superb!

Melissa said...

Oh my! That's beautiful.