PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, December 30, 2011

Another Year bites the Dust...

Wanda by Suzanne Urban
...and to celebrate the coming new year, I present to you Wanda, whose love of wine leads her to believe that pigs can, indeed, fly!  The Squigglefly digi image is from Suzanne Urban, and is one of my favorites.  I got the idea to use her when I received a Holiday card with coupon from Vera Bradley.  You know, once you go Vera, it's very hard to go back to any old purse! 
Anyway, the card they sent me had a beautiful pattern (as all Vera Bradley bags do) and I couldn't just throw it away now, could I?   So the pattern led me to New Year's wishes, and the theme led me to the image, and the rest is blogging history (at least in my little nanobyte on the net).
I wanted to go with minimal embellishments, so I added a gorgeous handmade flower, thanks to my crafting friend Shannon, and some faux pearls.  I colored the image with a combination of Copics and my new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (I got a set of Reds and of Pinks for Christmas).  I added some shine with Stickles and Liquid Glass.
Squigglefly starts up a new round of challenges in January, and I have been blessed to have been "kept on" as a design team member.  Those designing with me are posted on the right, all talented crafters!  So stock up on your Squigglefly digi images (don't have any?  Freebies HERE) and get ready to challenge yourself for fun and prizes.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I saw this on Squigglefly fb post! I love it!

Kathy Bradley said...

Totally adorable and the song playing is perfect - love that CD!

bumblebee creations said...

I love this image! What a super great card!!

Shawna said...

So fun! What a wonderful card!

Holly Young said...

I thought I commented on this already! I love your card Pat! the background paper is wonderful, and your coloring is just perfect! Have a fantastic new year!