PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wee Henry, Hunter Extraordinaire

One of my favorite holidays is fast approaching.  Aside from the wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen on Thanksgiving Day, I love the air of gratitude people have at this time.  Before the rush of Christmas shopping really kicks in, people pause to reflect on what they already have.  I try to start every day and end each one with thanks, all year round, but especially on Thanksgiving.  So each year I call a select few people to thank them for being a part of my life.
This year I am thankful to Hambo Stamps.  They and a few other companies got me back into making cards, which I almost abandoned in my zest for scrapbooking.  Now I scrapbook when I have a large chunk of time, and I make cards when I have short moments to craft (which is far, far more often).
One of the best ways I got back into card making was to join in challenges, and the newest challenge at the Hambo Hoedown is to use Wee Henry Turkey digi image (or any other Hambo image) and make a card, incorporating a TAG on your project!
For my card, I made my own tag out of patterned paper and cardstock, adding a ribbon to the end. I colored my image with Copics and adhered it to the tag, after framing it with a diecut scallop oval.  I premade journal box (thanks, Shannon) helps to frame out my sentiment, and the rest is embellishments.
Wee Henry looks like a pacifist hunter, so the sentiment inside might surpirse the recipient of the card.  While the outside says "Happy Turkey Day", the inside says "I like mine with plenty of gravy, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce!" 

1 comment:

She's a Color Queen said...

This is super cute, I like how you stapled the ribbon to create the tag! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown this week!