PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 4, 2011

Dog Gone It--Hambo's Got Another Challenge!

I think my new favorite card to make has to be the easel card. I don't know why I didn't start making it when everyone else was! It's so easy to make, and fun to display. I made this one from two pieces of cardstock, one 4x8" and one 4x4", and scored the longer piece at 2" and 4".
I used a digi image from Hambo Stamps called Dog house Blues. I love their images, thay're so much FUN! You can see all of them HERE.
This week at the Hambo Hoedown, the challenge is to use this image or any other of theirs and incorporate a dog tag, dog bone, or metal charm! I used cardstock to build my cardbase, then tore a piece of leftover linen paper and some green grass patterned paper to make a background scene for my doghouse. I colored the image with Copics: E35,37,71; C1,3; B93,97; Y17; V04 & RV00,13,34. I wrote in the sentiment Dogone it! and adhered it onto a metal charm, and printed the sentiment Hope You're Feeling Better, which comes from the digi-image set, and placed it onto my bottom piece with pop dots, which holds the card in place like an easel.
It's dog-gone easy to play along in the Hoedown, and every player wins a free digi image!! So trot on over and start having FUN!

6 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

I love easels too, Pat, and I hadn't made but one before the Hoedown easel challenge. I agree - they are so fun! LOVE your patterned grass paper. Adorable Hoedown card~!

NoraAnne said...

So cute! I love your grass paper and the textured roof! I have never made an easel card. Ever! I need to get on board! :)
Thanks for joining us in the Hambo Hoedown!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Doggone it! Easel cards are fun & I love yours. I like the grass & background & the added sentiment.Thanks for joining us in the Hoedown this week.

Monica Hunter said...

This image is just perfect for your easel card treatment! The grass DP looks great with it too. Thanks for sharing your CUTE card with us! :)

Marcie Sharp said...

Great easel card! That's one kind of card I've never tried before...must try that out soon!! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Hambo Hoedown!

Melissa said...

Love it!

Mel