PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 18, 2011

Crafter's Companion Sketch Challenge

What fun it is to be a guest designer for Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog!  Their challenge for July is to use this sketch.
This month's fabulous prize is every single stamp set from Crafter's Companion's brand new Humphrey's Corner collection. That's 6 separate stamp sets!!! These images are so fabulous, you will absolutely love them. I won a secondary contest in June with a prize of two stamp sets of my choice, and one of them is from the new Humphrey collection. You can see more of the stamp sets HERE.

I decided to switch up the sketch used for this Challenge a bit for my second project.  I kept the main theme of ever-widening circles, but decided on making a bookmark instead of a card.
The design of this bookmark lets you place it in the corner of a page (as shown) since the two straight edges are adhered together. I took some creative license with the sketch and placed the sentiment inside the first circle, along with the image. Both are from the Crafter's Companion stamp set by Sheena Douglas called Faith, from the A Little Bit Sketchy collection. I colored the image with Copics: E35,71; Y17 & YR02,61. I used my leftover stash of patterned and cardstock papers to make the bookmark, stamped the sentiment and image with CTMH Black ink (it is very Copic-friendly) and cut the circles first with my Creative Memories circle cutter, then edged them with Fiskars edging scissors. The main thing to remember in making bookmarks is to keep them as flat as possible so they don't mess up the pages of the book you are reading.
I would love to hear what everyone thinks is a good summer read, as I am always on the prowl for new books to read. Currently, I am in love with mysteries from Joanne Fluke (great recipes included) and Carol Higgins Clark (awesome sense of humor and timing).
Meanwhile, check out Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog for their July challenge and you could be a winner!!

No comments: