PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What Holiday Is It?!


I love to color images! Whether they are generic or specific, you can still bend the rules with just a little coloring and embellishing. Take this card, for instance. I used Squigglefly’s Cranky Witch digi-image, but I didn’t follow the well-worn path and make a Halloween card with it. I decided to make a Valentine’s Day card instead.
A few pinks and reds, a heart, and a Valentine sentiment, and my cranky witch is the object of adoration on the day of love.
The Squigglefly Challenge Blog has a new challenge this week: Make a card using an image for one holiday, but change it up and make it into a different holiday! You should see some of the inspiration projects there!! I guarantee you will take a look at your stamps and digi images with a new eye!
OTHER CHALLENGES:
CRAFT YOUR PASSION - Challenge #61 – Anything Goes

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

What a great twist on Valentine's Day Pat! You took this challenge and ran away with it! Super cute! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge.

JD/ Jill said...

Very creative and nicely done. Great job with the challenge.

Melissa said...

Fab card! If I wouldn't have seen the sentiment on the inside, I would have never guessed Valentine's Day. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word girl!! I love love LOVE this card!! What a clever idea and the colors look awesome!! Such a beautiful creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Challenge this week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

bumblebee creations said...

Love it Patricia!! Perfect image to use! Love the 'new" image!