PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, June 17, 2011

Tri-fold Shutter Card

I love the look of an unusually-folded card. I fell in love with tri-fold shutter cards a year ago, and it is still one of my favorite cards to make and amaze. There are numerous tutorials on YouTube and SCS, and if you have a ScorPal, it makes creating this card a piece of cake!
I used my ScorPal and scored a 5.5x12" piece of cardstock at 2, 4, 8 and 10" horizontally, and scored then cut vertically at 2" and 3.5" 2" from each end. After folding my score lines, I then embellished the card. That mirror butterfly really makes the card shine, I think! I gave it to my hubby and he loved it! Mission accomplished!!
My card is entered in the Crafty Catz Weekly CHallenge, which asks for Fancy Folds. I think this qualifies! They're offering a gift voucher to The Paper Shelter for one randomly selected winner, so check them out!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card, I love this type of fold - it has such a WOW factor. The butterfly is magnificent! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn

Janette said...

Really beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Pat
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Melissa said...

Great folded card!