PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Friends in Need

This week's Hambo Stamps digi-image was the perfect focus for a card I had planned to make for a friend going through a rough time. Her whole life is about to change, hopefully for the better, but none of us really like change, do we? We get set in our ways, comfortable with the daily routine, sometimes stuck on a narrow path of creativity...I wanted to let her know how much I respect her decision, regret the circumstances that led to it, and love and support her in all ways.
So Hambo Stamps has this Heart Basket-digi that I had fun placing on a card for my friend. I actually combined paper-piecing with Copic-coloring and the basket is three layers. The papers, flowers, lace and ribbon, and adhesive-backed flourish border are all leftover pieces in my stash, their identifying packaging a thing of the past, unfortunately. I ink-distressed the card's inside and face with Tim Holtz Distressing Vintage Photo Ink by Ranger (I love inking, don't you?), and colored the image using the following Copics: R29, YR02, E08, YG03. I used CTMH Liquid Glass, Red Stickles and Sakura White Gelly Roll pen for the glitz. The HAMBO sentiment and journal box are framed with Paper Trey cardstock, which matches the basket on the front.
Hambo sends everyone who participates in their challenges a free digi to use in their next challenge. What a great chance to add to your image stockpile!! Click HERE to go to their challenge blog.

2 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Your friend will adore this sweet card for her and I know she will be cheered by it~! Thanks for playing with us each week!

Karin said...

What a darling card for your friend and I love the matching flower embellishment :) Thanks for playing along with us at the Hoedown!