PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, July 31, 2010

CHA-Chicago


What a blast! I went to CHA-Chicago for the public. This is only the second year I think that they did an expo for us consumers. It was awesome! I was there for 8 hours, and didn't quite get to all the booths. I took two workshops, won prizes, received goody bags, made about twelve make&takes, all free, and shopped to my heart's content (not really, my budget was very limited). I had fun.
What you see pictured here are most but not all the things I made and won. There's more, but my chair wasn't big enough. All free, oh, except for the red t-shirt, I bought that one for $10. But look at my loot!!
I usaed flower soft for the first time, and now I'm hooked. I bought from Paper Trey for the first time (waited ten minutes to just get inside their booth, line was so long), and fell off my Paper-holic wagon big time. I used grunge paper and made a bracelet, copics and made a post-it notebook, stopped off at JoAnn's and Michael's and Archivers, as well as a score of other booths.
My workshops were card-making ones from Slice and Post-It/3M. I decided I didn't want to buy a Slice, then won the raffle prize of a special Music Cartridge! We also received a Seasons cartridge as we walked out! I made six cards there.
We all received adhesives from 3M, foam tape, glue and double-sided glue runners. They have new scrapbooking paper that is all post-it on the back, so it's repositionable forever (expensive, though, as all post-it products are). I made three layout pages there, and won a cardstock stack.
They were giving away Gypsies, Cricuts, sewing machines, etc. I didn't win any big prizes, but had lots of fun trying!! My admission is for two days, but I'm not going today. Maybe if a friend were going with, I'd do it, but I went solo yesterday.
So I'm skipping the craft supershow in St. Charles this year. CHA is enough for me, until 2011.

No comments: