PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Leftover stash Cards

I made a chipboard garden album for a very good friend this past week, and had handfuls of patterned paper and embellies left over. So I got out my handy dandy cardstock and whipped up three new cards, two of them using Tilda with a tag and one a generic tank you card. I didn't stuff pieces of loeftover papper in my bulging paper stash drawer this time--hurray for me! AndI threw away the smaller pieces.


With this card, I used all the leftover strips of paper and wove them together, then trimmed it into a mat the size of my card. When I put Tilda on the card, she seemed lost among the patterned background, so I slipped in a brightly colored frame and she shines now.
I think I'm improving on my coloring skills, and while I'm not up there with many other crafters I know, I have seen great improvement on my own work, and that makes me happy. I think I'm going to take the Beyond Basics Copic coloring class at my lss for more hints.


No comments: