PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, April 13, 2009

Birthday Page


While tidying my craft room (a job I will always have, too bad I don't get paid for that), I came across a photo from last year. At work, our birthdays are celebrated by the birthday girl (or guy) bringing a cake to share. Since it was the only photo taken of my last birthday, and I had the day off (advantage of working in a catholic school around Easter), I took a few moments to scrap the experience.
This was also my first attempt at altering patterned paper. The altering is subtle, as I love this design. I just added some purple and black tracing around the butterflies and flowers in the pattern. I also stamped a column of "Happy Birthday to You"s down the left side of the page. My journaling is on the left inside cover of the card, plus I added a birthday poem. The three blocks of flowers? I ripped them off another card I had received, glitzed each with a little Stickle treatment, and adhered them in three different layers using dimensional squares.
That's it now, no more scrapping! I packed my bagged-up layout kits in my bag for the weekend crop (just 11 days now!). Next is my embellishments, adhesives, copics, scissors, trimmer and tools. Then I will only be able to look into my craftroom with longing. I could sketch some ideas if my fingers get antsy waiting for the crop!

No comments: