PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Australian Layout

There was so much to see and do, before World Youth Day events, during, and after them. After the official events were over, we had a few days to sightsee, and I had arranged some tours. We were disappointed that the whale-watching tour was cancelled due to bad weather, but the day we spent in the Blue Mountains was glorious. For the pages I had some blue sky patterned paper, as well as some distressed green paper.
One of my favorite techniques is tearing paper, and I used this technique to give the pages some dimension. I used clear sticker journal boxes, and matted all my photos and quotes with the same color that the green paper was distressed with.
Although I had literally thousands of photos to choose from, with all the rest of the group's collection as well as my own, I chose just a few extras to place on this last page of the layout. I had bought a mailable map of Australia, which included cool journaling boxes on its borders. Here I cut out the bottom border of journaling boxes and used it for the bottom border of my own page.

No comments: