PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 6, 2009

Card Kit

I had some time and some energy last night after work, grocery shopping, shoe shopping, picking up daughter from across town, preparing dinner and dishes (hah!).
So I finished the items needed for a Kit Swap: I had chosen to make card kits. I love the stamped images, which I'm pretty sure is from Stamping Bella, as I recognise one of my favorite girls (they were a giftie, I don't have the stamp myself). I had bought a pile of polka-dotted paper last year when it went on clearance at HobbyLobby, so one sheet served as the patterned paper background for all four cards. I colored w/copics, cut my image into a circle, adhered it to the background cardstock and used a fiskars scissors witha scalloped edsge to get the mat. Instead of ribbon I used same cardstock across the bottom of the card behind the image. A scallop punch out of same cs with the stamped sentiment looked lonely on the polka dots, so I matted it w/white cs. It needed subtle bling, so I placed two white bonbons from Stamping Bella on the "ribbon" and finally glitzed the image and a few of the polka dots w/liquid glass from CTMH.
Oopsi, I have twenty minutes to do my hair and get to work.
Since this swap will go out after Valentine's Day, I had to shake the hearts and kisses theme out of my head for good!

Anyway, in the scheme of all things related to my 2009 Resolution, I'm calling the card I made as one item, and the kit as another, which makes 101 items made this year. I hope I continue on the path of creativity and production. If I exceed my resolution expectations, so much the better. Maybe I can concentrate on organization as well (ugh, my downfall).

1 comment:

Blog Master E said...

101 items --- you're doing awesome Pat! I'm so glad to have you take on this challenge with me, I'm only at 66 right now. :-)

Cute cards too!